Tuesday, August 7, 2012

No Authority

So, if you have stumbled on my blog, you may be wondering at the title I have chosen "A voice of no Authority."  Honestly, I came up with it later in the evening, but I really liked it and decided to keep it.  But it does  have meaning to me.

A VOICE:  I chose to be a voice for what I believe and believe in.  So many times people remain silent while things they believe are disregarded, disrespected, and displaced.  I may not have a lot of ability to change things, but I can let my beliefs be known.

OF NO AUTHORITY: I believe there are people out there who have authority to speak on certain topics.  For example, I believe the LDS Prophet has Authority given to him from God to speak to the world on any topic.   I, however, do not feel I have authority to speak about anything.  The things I post to this blog are my Beliefs and Opinions.

Even though I don't feel I have authority, I do believe I have the right to share what I believe (in the US the right to Freedom of Speech is given to every citizen).  Though not everything on my blog will be factual, I will make every effort to keep my religious postings true to the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Errors on those pages are because of my miscommunication or misunderstanding of gospel principles.

Political posts are strictly my opinions---And I believe pretty much anyone's political posts are only opinions regardless of how many statistics they quote or links they have. Errors on political pages are because I choose to share things without checking them out because I like them, facts are in dispute, or pretty much anything. Just so you know what to expect, I consider myself a Republican...but I may not agree with every Republican viewpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment